Safer Neighbourhoods North Metropolitan Police Announcement
Westminster Police, working closely with our partners at the Central London Mosque, are keen to reassure our Muslim communities following recent events in Paris but also in other parts of the world.
We encourage people to report any incident of hate crime directly to police or by a third party, however minor it may seem. We would also urge people to be vigilant and report anything suspicious to assist us keeping Westminster safe for all.
Please can I commend to you the #WeStandTogether campaign , a community led initiative in partnership with the police.
Under this banner, communities from all faiths, non faiths and backgrounds are coming together and standing against extremism and hatred. Our pledges are that:
- We will Stand Together, celebrating differences and diversity
- We will not tolerate extremism or hatred and will actively challenge it
- We share British values and stand united as one community
- We feel any attack on one community is an attack on all communities
- An attack on one community is an attack on all communities!
To report an incident or anything suspicious please call 101, or 999 in an emergency.
You can also call the National Terrorist Hotline on 0800 789 321